Save the date for the second annual Mid-Atlantic Permaculture Convergence, an inspiring day of connection, conversation, and collaboration featuring hands-on workshops, informative presentations, and powerful community-building.
This year's theme is "The Holistic Homestead."
- Keynote address on the history and tradition of mead with Jereme Zimmerman, author of Make Mead Like A Viking, plus a 21+ mead tasting.
- Permaculture designer and author Michael Judd of Ecologia Design will lead a hands-on learning session on natural plasters, including discussion of his own experience with natural building.
- Herbalist Hillary Banachowski of Sacred Roots Herbal Sanctuary will present on edible, medicinal, and ecological uses of invasive plants.
- Eric Kelly of Charm City Farms will present on "Raising Small Livestock: Filling the corners and layers of the holistic homestead." This presentation style workshop will go through the pros and cons of raising rabbits, guinea pigs, quail, and pigeons. We will discuss raising each of these animals in different enclosures, in companion with one another, feeding alternatives, and value added products.
- Jen Mendez of PERMIE KIDs will be returning to offer more of her incredible, engaging permaculture-inspired children's programming.
- A panel discussion with local doulas and midwives, featuring Claudia Booker of Birthing Hands Midwifery & Birthing Services, discussing their roles in community health and empowerment, from pre-conception through postpartum care.